Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Watched "The Muppet Christmas Carol" last night with my family; rented it on DVD from Blockbuster. My daughter had watched it recently while in college, was laughing about it, and got us thinking it would be fun to watch for the holidays. And it was fun: the storyline was pretty much on track, Michael Caine was fine as Scrooge; the rest of it was Muppets everywhere, singing, dancing, etc. Kermit was Bob Cratchit, Miss Piggy played Mrs. Cratchit, and Fozzie Bear played Fozziewig. It was quite comical in places. Having just recently had our annual viewing of George C. Scott's 1984 TV film version of "A Christmas Carol" (my absolute favorite version), it was interesting to see this one again. I had actually seen it in 1992, when I took my young daughter to see it in a theater. It can be fun to see something like this again after so many years, as sometimes you get a different perspective. Enjoyable, silly, good family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment